Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Should I pack this in bear country?

Started by Angry White Male, May 04, 2018, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

These particular rounds aren't cheap...

http://i65.tinypic.com/312iz9g.jpg">

Frood

If you're close enough to hit a charging bear with a 12 gauge, it probably won't matter. Say your last prayers.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

At the very least the shot will make one hell of a 'boom,' which is often enough to scare everything away...

Frood

You should do an interpretive dance with bacon if you ever get bear cornered. They hate it.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I once hit a coke can at 50 metres with one of those things.

The shot fired low, bounced off the ground into the can.

I claimed full credit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"These particular rounds aren't cheap...

http://i65.tinypic.com/312iz9g.jpg">

We bring bear spray.

Blazor

I have these rounds at home lol  :thumbup:

Is this for an excursion into the woods? If so, lugging a shotgun would be cumbersome. I would suggest the .44 on the hip.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

In Canaduh, we cannot pack handguns into the woods!  Only teh long guns...

And ya, the 12 Gauge slug would only really have a use in bear country here, or for home protection.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"I once hit a coke can at 50 metres with one of those things.

The shot fired low, bounced off the ground into the can.

I claimed full credit.

I would have too!  Just like a game of pool, it doesn't matter how the ball gets sunk, as long as it gets sunk in the right pocket!

Angry White Male

Canaduh has teh stupid laws.  A handgun in teh woods is a no-no, but a .50 cal BMG semi-auto is good to go!

It is teh silliness that abounds here, and makes no sense to those with a logical thinking brain.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In Canaduh, we cannot pack handguns into the woods!  Only teh long guns...

And ya, the 12 Gauge slug would only really have a use in bear country here, or for home protection.

Well thats a bunch of shit  :negative:

Angry White Male

Makes no sense, but it is what it is...

And yes, an eight pound shot gun does get heavy to carry around!  They are rather large and cumbersome tools!

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Makes no sense, but it is what it is...

And yes, an eight pound shot gun does get heavy to carry around!  They are rather large and cumbersome tools!

I'd eventually like to put a sling on mine, but dont think it has mounts for one.

Angry White Male

Mine doesn't have a sling either.  Might be handy to have one though, and are easy enough to install!

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Mine doesn't have a sling either.  Might be handy to have one though, and are easy enough to install!

My rifle has one, but the shotgun doesnt, I dont think it has mounts on the rail or the stock.